Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blessing in disguise

Life sucks sometimes... or does it?
This is going to be a really long winded story, so bear with me, especially those of you who have heard parts of it :)
I am taking an easy class, with a teacher that has not been understanding of my situation (mother of three, full time student, wife and working part time), and was quite rude when I asked him if being called in to work would be an excused absence. So, I asked my coworkers to please help me out in case I was called in on Fridays.
For all of the semester so far, I have not been called in, and this is the first week that it has happened, but the person I counted on to work for me during class time is going to be out of town, so I sent an email to everyone else at work and just waited. This was after I was informed that I will be working Christmas day and new years day. Although I knew that it was a possibility, I was very sad about missing Christmas with my family. Well, as it turns out, working on those days works well because they are holidays, which means I don't need anyone to watch the kids because Doug will not work. Since Celeste will be out of town for the holidays, this works perfectly. The days that I wanted to work instead are not holidays, so I would have had to find a babysitter, in December, when everyone is out of town. It may be a good learning experience to work on a holiday, there will be lots of accidents, rare cases, etc, and I may even watch a few Christmas movies... And, since those two days fall on a friday, I will not have to work unscheduled holidays as well as my on calls, because they fall on the same day!
So, I got an email a few hours ago from a coworker, telling me she will cover the first 3 hrs of my shift, and I have pretty much done all the homework I will need to turn in that day. All the things that were supposedly wrong are actually better than what I had planned, and I can breathe again. My father in heaven takes good care of me...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete