Thursday, November 19, 2009

Temple!!

As mentioned earlier, I had planned to go to the family history library to do get names ready for the temple. Everything worked out so well, from the parking, to the children behaving so well throughout the whole hour I was there. I printed 4 cards for me to do, 3 sealing, and 3 male names. I still have to do a lot more, by the time I got all that done, the kids were antsy and started to fight, So I will have to go back and do about 15 more names, but I was feeling so great when I walked out of the family history library, so cool!
Then I went home and my cell phone alarm went off, today is the ward temple night, it said. I called the temple to make sure I didn't need an appointment to do my own family names, checked to see if I could have them do the male names for me (Doug let his temple recommend expire), and then called Doug to see if he would be OK watching the kids. He then informs me that he got his temple recommend last week, and would like to do my names in the temple. So, I arranged for carpooling, babysitting (Thanks Brigetta and Kayse!) and got ready to go!!!
Next we got to the Temple, walked the very long walk from the main entrance to the baptismal font (I needed to correct the cards I printed first), when we got there, there was a very large group doing baptisms. We asked about what we should do, and we were told we would likely have to wait until everyone else had gone through. Luckily, we were allowed to go through before them, since I had my own names. We went through, and it was so wonderful! When we were done, I had the distinct feeling that my grandma is happy now.
Awesome stuff!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so neat!!! I love doing family history work, I just haven't been able to do very much and I have never found a name to take to the temple (although my grandma found one and I was baptized for her:) Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it worked out! And now we have the fabulous new family search to make it even easier!!!!!!! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete