Friday, April 23, 2010

A new journey!



Since I have three finals in a couple of days, I really can't write for too long today, but I wanted to say a couple of things about the latest news... I have been accepted into the University of Utah college of nursing, and will be starting to work toward my nursing degree in August! I am very excited, and relieved... this will be a good thing for us.
For a while there, I was very worried about this whole thing, but Heavenly father was mindful of me, and sent many wonderful people my way lately to be kind and comfort me. The anxiety level was very high for me, for many different reasons, but I found that even the lessons that were taught at church in the last week made me feel better. I started school to ensure a better future for my family, and getting into this program gives me a great deal of peace of mind. In two years, I will be a nurse, and while the program is tough, I know my father in heaven will help me, just as he has so far.
I also want to enclose a picture of Doug and I. He always makes funny faces when I take a picture, so this is the best one of the bunch. I have now lost a total of 18 lbs since I first started, and have a long way to go, but I am confident I will be a lot healthier very soon.
So there it is, I am glad I have people to share the wonderful news with, and very happy that my family supports me in all of this, especially Doug. None of it would be possible without him. I am going to be a nurse!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. That is so exciting!! It is going to be a lot of work, but you are so smart and such a hard worker you will be able to do a great job. Good job on loosing weight too. That's a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is silly, but I am tearing up reading your post! You are so blessed because you are good.

    Congratulation on getting into one of the hardest nursing programs ever and I can't believe you are turning the scales, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete